Outsourcing model has become the strategy of most enterprises today. If a company is located in the US, Canada, Australia or Europe – it makes sense to send some software projects in India or Philippines as an example given the manpower is cheaper.
Here are the top reasons why you need to think about outsourcing your IT projects:
- Cost-effective – this is the top reason as you can hire 3 or 4 developers in India with 1 developer equivalent in the US for example.
- Access to top talent – with diverse talent in the pool of outsourcing hubs, you cannot go wrong with finding the best people. And you can also find best programmers in freelancing sites so you can choose the best resource.
- Scalability – you can increase or decrease your projects without implication on hiring or firing people.
- Focus on business goals – there are real goals why your business exists. Technology is a vehicle on how you can reach your goal so you do not need to hire a bunch of IT people in your company because you can outsource projects needing IT expertise.
- Efficiency – let the outsourcing team or anyone you paid to deliver projects carry the burden to deliver the result you expect. Given they specialise on the technicalities of IT projects, they know how they can deliver quality results at the given timeline.
For small firms or individuals who are conducting online business, this is quite applicable approach. You do not need to learn all things like learning how to code but you will focus on how you can sell products for example. If you are starting a blog or a website, you may want to hire someone or buy a logo from Fiverr as there are a lot of quality logos you can choose from at a very low cost.
Although, it is imperative that you have understanding on how a website or e-commerce works in a nutshell so no one can take advantage of your ignorance.